March 2, 2011

Recipe 6 – Strawberry Ginger Ale

This turned out to be a tasty beverage, though not as tart as I’d like. I think I’m going to have to order some citric acid to start using in my recipes. It has just enough ginger to give it an extra zip without standing out over the strawberry.

Syrup:

2 ¼ cups sugar

1 -8 oz can strawberry nectar

¼ cup lemon juice

¼ tsp ground ginger

¼ tsp strawberry extract

-Filter the strawberry nectar. This time I took the time to do this, and I was very pleased with the results. There is still some sediment, but not nearly as much as the peaches n’ cream.

-Add sugar, ginger and nectar to a sauce pan and heat just to simmering.

-Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and the extract. I also added a few drops of food color for show.

This should be enough syrup for 1 gallon of carbonated water. I ended up using 1/3 cup syrup per 12 oz bottle, which turned out to be a little too sweet.

This would be a very refreshing summertime beverage. Too bad it’s not summertime as you can see from the picture. You can also see that there is very little sediment, unlike the peach. No shaking required!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...